Oct 9, 2010

Thai Salad

This past weekend we decided to plan our meals for the week and made a few of them on Sunday. One of the recipes I chose was the Thai Salad recipe I got from a very dear family friend at my kitchen bridal shower.

Toss:
1/2 cup grated carrots
4 cups grated cabbage
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1/2 bunch green onion, chopped fine
1 small root ginger, shredded or chopped fine
1/4 cup toasted almonds
1 package of Ramen Noddles (uncooked w/o sauce) broken

Whisk:
1/2 cup canola or peanut oil
3 table spoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Then mix it all together and refrigerate it.

I used one of those prepackaged bags of cabbage for coleslaw. The ginger was good, but next time I think I may skip it because the flavor is so strong I get tired of it. When I realized that I had no rice wine vinegar I went with a red wine vinegar and it was good. I found b I like the Ramen when its first put in the salad, but by the next day its pretty soggy. Next time I'll add it right before I eat it instead of tossing it with the salad. It kept pretty well for about 3 or 4 days.

Overall I like the salad and I'll definitely make it again.

~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment