Oct 29, 2010

Half of Half, Richardson

This week I decided to try out the store Half of Half in Richardson. They claim to have tons of name brand clothing for very cheap and they get new stock every Tuesday. So, I stopped by after work on Wednesday so I could see all the new things. Oh, and of course I printed the $5 off of a $25 purchase coupon on their site.

When I drove up to the store I could already see that it was pretty messy inside. First I looked through the $3 racks outside. Am I the only one that feels weird looking through the cheap racks outside for all to see as they drive by? So far the clothes looked out of date and badly damaged. Inside I went through all the shoes and found nothing. There were a few name brands, several damaged, and I also saw some Walmart brand heels.

Next I went through the new stuff they just got in. There were clothes from Ann Taylor, LOFT, Chico's, and some department store brands. I saw a couple sweaters, but they had holes in the arms and weren't cheap enough to be worth a refashion. In the back they had overstuffed racks of clothes that just didn't pull me in. Pants and sweaters and dresses and tops all mixed together. They were organized by XS through XL. They also had a rack full of Micheal Stars t-shirts.

I tried on a jacket from LOFT that was too short, a sweater from Lord and Taylor that looked wrong on me, and decided I'd had enough. But, determined to find something, I looked through the bins of jewelry near the check out counter and found unimpressive department store jewelry. Empty handed and frustrated that I had wasted my time I left with nothing. I didn't notice belts or purses and I didn't even look at the dresses, but I don't think I missed much.

My conclusion? Don't bother. The Salvation Army organizes their stuff better.

But, everything was better when I got home to my wonderful husband making broiled salmon with rosemary. It was perfect!

After dinner I ran to Target and happily found this belt that I've wanting, on clearance, in my size :)

No comments:

Post a Comment