Oct 17, 2010

Silly Toys

Tank: H&M
Top: Made by Me
Pants: Gap
Shoes: Nine West
Belt: LOFT
Necklace: Claires
Earrings: Samoon

Only after my pictures do I notice all of the toys at my feet. I really should take more notice of my surroundings.

I love these shoes. A couple years ago I ordered a jacket at Nine West, but it fit weird and when I went to return it, they gave me store credit. I was so mad! I can't remember why I thought I should get my money back. Anyway, I tried to purchase several items under $20 each so that I could return them and get cash back. The girl at the register figured it out (I wasn't trying to hide anything, by-the-way) and said "Are you just trying to work the system?" (or something rude like that). And I said "You are asking me to follow your rules, and I am following your rules!". It didn't work out, so I ended up with a store credit and stomped all the way to my car. But, things worked out in my favor. I happened upon these shoes on sale months later, bought them with my store credit, and will never regret getting them.

Funny how things turn out. Everything is better in retrospect only if you are stuck on everything working out right now. I don't want to wait to be happy with my life until after its over. I want to enjoy it now and look at the disappointments as simply a redirection of my path. I'm not under the illusion that everything in my life will work out, but I do know that I can't control my circumstances.

And for the record, those silly toys make me happy.

1 comment:

  1. I've found some great deals on Ebay on shoes, new and gently used. That place is my favorite online "thrift store". Prices could get a bit higher but usually the quality and selection are better too.

    ReplyDelete